Part 1: Recover Lost iPhone/iPad Data from Backup after Factory Reset
It is very essential to take back up your iPhone /iPad as a matter of routine. You can still get back your lost data from iTunes or iCloud backup after a factory restore.
Recover Lost Data from iCloud Backup
1. Power on your iPhone/iPad and follow the on-screen set-up instructions.
2. Choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" when you reach "App & Data" screen.
3. Sign in to iCloud and select the most recent iCloud backup according to the data indicated. Keep your iPhone/iPad connected to Wi-Fi during the restore.
4. The restore will take some time during the size of file and your Wi-Fi condition, wait until it completes. Your iPhone/iPad will be back to functionality after the restore.
Restore Lost Data from iTunes backup
1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad to computer
2. Click on your iPhone/iPad icon and tap "Summary".
3. Click "Restore Backup" in Backup section and then select a most recent iTunes backup among the available backup files, hit "Restore". Don't disconnect your iPhone/iPad until the synchronization finishes.
Part 2: Recover iPhone/iPad Data without Backup
Apart from restoring lost data from backups, you can also opt to make use of a third party tool to recover your lost iPhone/iPad data. Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery can save your bacon if you don't have any backup at hand. The capable tool allows you to recover lost text messages, photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp & attachment, Viber & attrachments and so on directly from iPhone without any required technical skill. It supports preview and selective recovery as well.
Step 1: Download & launch the program on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to computer and tap "Trust" on your device, click "Start scan" after your device is detected. The program will automatically scan for lost data on your device.
Step 3: Preview your lost data one by one, select the ones you want and click "Recover" to export the lost data to your computer.
Note: The tool is also capable of recovering data from iTunes backup. You can utilize the program to extract lost data from iTunes backup and preview data in iTunes.