As a great feature of iPhone, Visual Voicemail makes you listen to your voicemails in an easy manner. Whether it is a birthday wish from your loved one or voicemail from a distant friend, the message precious voicemail worthy of replay for us. However, due to some unexpected reasons like accidental deletion, system crash and iOS upgrade, voicemail on iPhone can get lost. Fortunately, you still stand a chance to retrieve them. You would find one solution suitable for you among the 3 simple methods on how to retrieve deleted voicemail on iPhone 6S/6/5S/5/4S/4 introduced below.
Solution 1: Recover deleted voicemails from Phone app
Although this feature is often ignored, it is easy to use. And it is the first place you should look when you want recover a deleted voicemail on iPhone.
1. Open Phone app and tap on "Voicemail".
2. Scroll all the way to the bottom and look for the "Deleted Messages" item, tap on it and it will bring up a list of deleted voicemail recoverable.
3. Select the deleted voicemails you want to recover, tap "Undelete". You will find the deleted voicemail moved back to your main voice mail list.
Solution 2: Retrieve deleted voicemail from iPhone or iTunes backup
If you still cannot find your deleted voicemail, you can make use of Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted voicemails. It enables you to retrieve deleted voicemails from iPhone directly or from iTunes backup within just 3 steps without data loss. Just download it and follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Install&launch the Voicemail Recovery and connect your iPhone to computer. ( You can skip the connection and click "Next" to retrieve deleted voicemail from iTunes backup.)
Step 2: Click "Start scan" to allow it scan and analyze deleted voicemail on your device.
Step 3: Check "Voicemail" and preview the deleted voicemail, select the ones you want and hit "Recover" button to save the voicemail file on your computer.
Note: Turn on "Airplane mode" after you lose voicemail in case any new data will overwrite the deleted voicemail.
Solution 3: Restore deleted voicemail from iCloud backup
Restoring from backup is another choice. If you have backed up your iPhone with iCloud regularly, you shall be able to retrieve deleted voicemail.
1. Go to "Settings">"General">"Reset">", tap "Erase All Content and Settings"
2. Tap on "Erase iPhone" and enter your iPhone password. Select an iCloud backup and tap "Restore".
3. Keep your device connected to "WI-FI" or turn your network on, the process will take some time depending on the size of the backup and your network.
Note: Restoring from iCloud backup will ask you to erase all data on your iPhone and the newly added data you haven't backedup yet will be wiped. Think it twice before applying this method.
More info please read on How to Recover Deleted Voicemails from iPhone.